Episode 1: The early years

  I came into this world on March 22, 1976 to Steve and Tara Aligood, My mother was young and Steve well I don't know how old Steve was. I don't even know Steve. He was gone before my first birthday and hasn't been back. I mean its not like he just up and vanished. My mother divorced him and he turned his back on me. I don't think it really effected me much. My mother remarried and soon after became pregnant with my perfect sister Jess and I don't mean perfect as in her brother thinks she is perfect. I mean I've never met another human being on this planet with the heart and convictions of Christ like my sister. I'm telling you Mother Theresa has nothing on my baby sis. She is beautiful and any man would jump at the chance to date her but at 36 I honestly would be surprise if she had ever kissed a man before. So, Jessica's father adopted me and He has been my dad ever since and what a good dad he has been. He never made me feel like I wasn't the same as my sister. I was his.
  Before my mother met my adopted father she was a single working mother doing the best she could do. I was around 3 years old. She found me a babysitter that didn't like to babysit very much so I was left in the hands of the sitters teenage son. For amusement he liked to push me down a flight of stairs, jump on top of me, and urinate in my mouth and all over me. He would wash my toddler body to hide the evidence and to have a little more fun with me. To this day I don't know why I could not communicate to my mother what was going on. Maybe I was just too young to put it into words. Maybe the sick freak threatened me or my family. Who knows, but Somehow I remember the vile acts of abuse, but I don't remember much of the circumstances of my life around that time. I didn't suppress the worst memories. I suppressed everything else. This went on for months until for some reason my Grammy got the truth out of me. She took care of me from that day forward. I want to state I don't believe my mother could have ever known what was going on. This pervert was very good at hiding his crimes, but unlucky for him he was not so good at hiding himself from me years later. I always knew I would have made a good detective or private investigator. If anyone tried to find him today I'd just say good luck. They would need it..................to be continued

Comments

  1. Great start! I will be following. I like your honest writing style with no shame yet not skipping the emotion. Very talented....and anything that educates people about the human behind the addict will be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encoraging comment. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addiction and Brain Chemistry

BAD NEWS

Heroin Epidemic